Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hiking Ebenalp

Day 2 of our summer holiday in Switzerland:
 
Our first hike in Switzerland was an easy hike at Ebenalp. We took the cable car up to Ebenalp and took a short loop hike - Ebenalp-Wildkirchli-Ascher-Ebenalp.

The hike is supposedly to take 50 minutes. But we stopped numerous times to have lunch and ice cream, take photos, drink water, enjoy the views, watch the hang-gliders, etc, that it took us more than 2 hours to do the loop. But, no regrets. We had a great time. =)



We had lunch at the Gasthaus Ascher. I had some pork with my rosti. The rosti was good. As I was eating, I noticed that there are many flies flying around which seemed strange to me as I have always thought flies are specific to Asia. Don't ask me why. Maybe humidity breeds flies. After lunch, we continued our hike and we passed by a herd of pigs about less than 50 metres from the restaurant. That got me thinking that perhaps the flies and my lunch came from there ..... 

Crowded lunch spot. We have to wait for seats.

Putting the pigs and the flies aside, we also passed by a small chapel and the bear cave. Our experience at Ebenalp was fantastic. Spectacular views, clear air, blue skies!! What more can I ask for? Pure bliss!


Till my next blog post, watch the flies! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...