Saturday, December 28, 2013

Gamcheon Culture Village in Busan

My son went on his school residential trip last month for a week and since I have no mummy duties and I desperately need to take some time off my work, I rewarded myself with a girlfriend trip to South Korea. My best girlfriend is awesome and a great travel partner.

We spent 3 nights in Busan and 3 nights in Seoul. While in Busan, we:
  • Appreciated a lot of great wall art at the Gamcheon Culture Village
  • Had very fresh seafood at the Jagalchi Seafood Market
  • Though it is freezing, we hung out at the Haeundae and Gwangalli Beaches for dinner
  • Got lost doing some hiking at the Beomeosa Temple
  • Had my birthday breakfast at the Bujeon Market
I will share more of what we did in Busan later but here is what I remembered and thought of the Gamcheon Culture Village.
Near the coffeeshop where we had our hot chocolate, there is this shop selling my favorite wafer fish with red bean. We went into the the shop asking for 2 wafer fish. We signaled to the owner with 2 fingers and he gave us 2 packs. In each pack, there were 3 pieces of the wafer fish and each pack was only about Won1,000 or Won2,000 (I can't remember exactly how much)! Imagine my surprise! The wafer fish were crispy, warm and delicious!
The Little Prince is French but the Koreans are crazy over him.
But who isn't, right? =)


What I love most about this place is there is no fixed route to follow and you will never know what is  waiting in the next corner. You just have to move ahead all the time. We did some u-turns but hey! that's life, right?

Till my next blog post, explore your journey! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...