Thursday, June 28, 2012

Silom Restaurant

*** Closed permanently Oct 2012 ***


Silom Restaurant on Silom Road, Soi 15, Bangkok.

This is a really, really old and obscure restaurant that my family eat at for old times' sake and familiar food. My husband used to eat at this place when he's a kid and it is one of the first few eating places that he introduced me to during my first year living in Bangkok.

We went there with our son a couple of weeks ago and saw a 'for sale' sign. They are selling the house and the land that it is built on, not the restaurant. I think I am going to be sad when it goes .. it's a gem than not many people know. =(

Simple interior, no AC, old-fashioned chairs ...
Food is also simple but good ...
Beef steak. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I also love the salad vinegar-based dressing!

Yummy pork chop/rib.

Ox tongue .. this is my husband's dish, not mine. 

I don't eat rice at this place. I have the toasted bread with butter. I usually order the curry chicken to eat with this bread. But on this day, they run out of curry chicken.
Till my next blog post, hold on dearly to your memories! =)

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Do you have the exact address of this place or a link to its Google Map?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the short URL: http://goo.gl/maps/VlQq

      Delete
    2. Hey thanks, now I have a better idea of the location from where I will be staying. Cheers!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...