Saturday, February 11, 2012

Real airline food

I saw an article a couple of days ago on asiaone.com on airlines with the best meals. I went through the list and SQ is #2. Not bad. But most of the pictures of the food featured in that article are so UNREAL!


Let me show you the reality of economy class food. =)  I usually opt for Asian meals with rice or noodles to satisfy my hunger on board.


SQ brunch meal on Bangkok-Singapore flight. Noodles with roast pork. Portion size is usually above average. Their main meal is OK but I don't like their dessert .. usually some mousse-like stuff or ice-cream.


Bangkok to Narita on ANA. Pancakes with syrup and broccoli for breakfast. Sweet and savoury ... not exactly my preferred combination.


Narita to Bangkok on ANA. Japanese dinner. Fish with rice, miso soup, soba with dipping sauce, sweet egg, beancurd rice, red bean pancake, etc. Quite a variety of knick-knacks to fill me up.


Before boarding the ANA flight from Narita to Bangkok, I had this bowl of udon at the ANA Lounge.


Red-eye flight from Bangkok to Incheon on Asiana. Shrimp congee for supper. Easy on the mouth and stomach.


Instant noodles, chips and green tea at the Asiana Lounge at Incheon before my flight back to Bangkok.


And on really short flights, I get really bad food ...
For a short flight (slightly more than an hour) from Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City, Thai International gives your a box meal. Cold, spicy noodles, some custard-like dessert and a packet of orange juice.


Another box meal. Domestic flight on Vietnam Airlines from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.  Nuts, fruits and a horrible sandwich.
The inside of the horrible sandwich. =(
My advice to you is: eat before your board the plane.


Till my next blog entry, stay sane! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...