Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer in Switzerland

I spent 10 beautiful summer days with my family in Switzerland last month! It was one of my best holidays so far. I did not checked my work email and my colleagues were very co-operative and did not call me at all! I did not think about work, I just took it very easy, relaxed and enjoyed. It's so liberating!! =)



Sharing with you my itinerary for my 10 amazing summer days in Switzerland:
  • Day 1: arrived Zurich in the early morning, checked into hotel, visited the Rhine Falls and did the Zurich Walk from the Zurich HB (train station) to Lake Zurich
  • Day 2: took a short hike around Ebenalp and explored Appenzell
  • Day 3: travelled from Zurich to Interlaken in the morning, visited the Swiss Open-Air Folk Museum at Ballenberg in afternoon and went on a boat cruise from Brienz to Interlaken
  • Day 4: went to Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe)
  • Day 5: travelled from Interlaken to Zermatt in the morning and did a short hike from Zermatt to Gorner Gorge and back in the afternoon
  • Day 6: took the underground furnicular, gondola and cable car to Rothorn and hiked downhill from Rothorn to Sunnegga
  • Day 7: Took the train up to Gornergrat and hiked from Riffelalp to Zermatt
  • Day 8: travelled from Zermatt to Bern, waited for the rain to stop and explored the city of Bern
  • Day 9: travelled from Bern to Luzern and did the self-guided walk around Reuss River
  • Day 10: travelled from Bern to Lausanne and explored the Old Town and Ouchy
  • Day 11: Home sweet home


In my next few blog posts, I will be sharing more about my holiday with you.

Till my next blog post, take a holiday! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...