Friday, November 23, 2012

Nami Island, Seoul

Let's play the 20-word game .. what comes to your mind when I say 'Coke'? Red, caffeine, diet, McDonalds, glass bottle, cherry, sugar, happy, energizing, addiction, cool.

What comes to your mind when I say 'Nami Island'? Beautiful, tall trees, photos, romance, winter sonata, half-moon, peaceful, culture, smiles, couples, relaxing.

That is what I have always thought of Nami Island and I have heard so much about from people around me that I figured I have to go and see it for myself. So, on the second last day of my recent Seoul trip, my family and I made a special trip there.

I love the fall colors! They are so beautiful!



Lovely couple! My best wishes to you!
Other than the fall colors, I am so disappointed with the island. The place is way over-rated. It is so crowded with people that I cannot even think straight! Many places are unkempt, there are weeds and dried leaves everywhere, the food is overpriced and fixtures are highly vandalized. 

We did not catch the shuttle bus from Tapgol Park and took the subway, taxi and ferry to the island. It took us about 2 hours to get there and another 2 to 3 hours to get back. On the way back, the taxi / bus queue from the ferry terminal to the subway station was so, so long. All-in-all, it is not worth the trip and the time. But, at least, now I know what Nami Island is all about.


People everywhere. How to take nice pictures?


Dried leaves everywhere, unkempt weeds and plants. So messy!
Let's repeat the 20-word game .. What comes to your mind when I say 'Nami Island'? Messy, overcrowded ferry, far away, unkempt, tall trees, noisy, photos, local people, tourists, tour buses, headache. 

Till my next blog post, don't believe everything you hear! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...