Monday, March 26, 2012

Myeongdong, Seoul

Myeongdong is one of my favorite shopping districts in Asia. I love the vibrancy, energy, people and the contrast - big name department stores & small, niche shops, big streets & small alleys, expensive restaurants & cheap fast food joints, branded & no-brand products, day & night ambience. There is something for every girl here in Myeongdong! 

Tip #1: Don't just stop at 1 trip to Myeongdong when you visit Seoul, visit Myeongdong at different times of the day and feel the difference. 

Tip #2: Buy your skin care products at Myeongdong. They give you more freebies than other places.  Yes, I'm a sucker for freebies. =) They have all the Korean brands - Missha, Face Shop, Nature Republic, Etude House, Skin Food, etc. You name it, they have it. I am not a paper facial mask person but became one in Myeongdong!

Tip #3: Of course, not to be missed while in Seoul is the Nanta show. They have multiple places playing the Nanta show and we went to the one at Myeongdong. We paid about Won 40,000 for each ticket and it is all worth it. My son laughed so hard that his nose bled. =)
We saw the brown team

Choices of food/restaurants are also endless and such a joy to explore! 
Custard cream puffs
Korean version of french fries?
If you can find this Korean BBQ restaurant, try it!
Update on 29 Nov 2012: In my last visit to the area in October 2012, I can't find this restaurant. =(

Till my next blog entry, happy shopping and eating! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...