Saturday, July 7, 2012

MK Restaurants

I am not a steamboat person. I never like my food in soup or eat my food boiling hot. Until I 'met' MK. He is now a 'staple' in my life. =)

MK restaurants is a large, kingdom-wide chain of restaurants in Thailand. Some people say that MK is even popular than McDonalds. I believe them. When you come to Thailand, you must have a meal at MK, it is afterall Thai steamboat at its best. Low-calorie and healthy too! =)

I read from somewhere years ago that the owner of MK restaurants is an engineer by training and the designs used in MK are done with consistency and efficiency in consideration. For example, the serving dishes stack up well, the multi-layer serving rack helps save space and the PDA used to take orders and facilitate payment is very efficient.

There are 2 'classes' of MK Restaurants - the normal ones and the GOLD ones. The GOLD ones are slightly higher-end as they provide nice-smeling hand towels, cloth napkins and better ambience. The food is about the same in both classes.  Other than steamboat / suki / hotpot items, MK also serve cooked food like dim sum, roasted pork, roasted duck and a variety of drinks and desserts.

Uncooked suki items. Instead of lying everything out on the table, they serve the items in this space-saving multi-layer stand.

I always add an egg into the soup base before cooking the rest of the items.

My style of cooking - put the meat in first and then the vegetables next, put on the cover and let it cook away. =)

The 'secret recipe' suki sauce and green noodles are fantastic!

Another one of MK's must-have is the roasted pork (char siew) and roasted duck. I say they taste better than pork and duck served at some Chinese restaurants in Thailand.
Till my next blog post, have some yummy food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...