Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ice cream men on Orchard Road

I read on CNNGo a couple of months back that some mystery shoppers surveyed over 30 shopping streets in the world and Orchard Road in Singapore came in at the first place as the prettiest, most welcoming and most customer-friendly shopping street.


Not bad ... I like Orchard Road. The pavements are wide and clean (like most other parts of Singapore) and most malls are connected through a maze of underground 'streets'. The creative window displays of the iconic branded stores scream 'I'm new! Come, buy me!!' whenever I walk by them. The stores stock the most up-to-date merchandises.


One of my must-haves when I go to Orchard Road is the street-side ice cream. I wonder if the mystery shoppers were swayed by the ice cream men. 


I grew up eating these ice cream. There is an ice cream man with his cart in our neighborhood and my sister and I would call him 'Bugs Bunny' because of his 2 front teeth. =)


Along Orchard Road in Singapore, there are several ice cream men selling this 'local delicacy'. The little carts of theirs offer local flavors ranging from red bean, sweet corn, peanut butter and attap seed to traditional flavors like chocolate and ripple. They serve your desired flavor in a cup, piece of bread, in a wafer cone or in between 2 wafer biscuits. If you are a beginner and are not sure of the local flavors, just get a combination of all the flavors in a cone or cup. For any combination that you choose, it is a flat price at S$1 per serving! Very affordable! It is not the the best-tasting ice cream but I like the local flavors and the experience. =)


The Wall's ice cream man at work. There is also a King's man.
My favorite combination - red bean ice cream on colored bread


If you visit Orchard Road, other than the shopping, savor the street-side ice cream too! =)


Till my next blog post, enjoy your ice cream! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...