Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Asian BBQ Pork Ribs

My family and I are always in a lazy and relaxing mode on Sunday afternoons. We laze around, go to the gym, catch up with the news, play games, watch TV, etc and feel too at home to go out for dinner. So, it is up to me to whip up dinner.

I always go for easy cooking with one meat dish, broccoli and rice. My criteria for easy cooking are: nothing fried with oil to mess up my kitchen, no need to watch over the stove all the time, no need to use exotic ingredients and, if possible, no need for marination. =) I am flexible on the 'no marination' bit if it can produce good results.


I am sharing with you one of my easy Sunday dinner recipe.


Asian BBQ Pork Ribs


Ingredients:
500gm of meaty, less-fat (or trim away the fatty parts) long pork ribs
5 tablespoons of light soya sauce
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of honey
3 tablespoons of Chinese cooking wine
2 tablespoons of apple cider
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
400ml of water


Method:
  1. Blanch ribs in a pot.
  2. Combine all the ingredients together into the pot.
  3. Bring the ingredients to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
  4. Simmer for about an hour or until ribs are tender to your liking.
  5. Preheat oven to 150oC.
  6. Place the ribs in a foiled baking tray or ceramic dish and spread some sauce onto the ribs.
  7. Bake ribs for 10 minutes.
  8. Flip ribs over and spread more sauce.
  9. Bake for another 10 minutes.
  10. Flip ribs over and spread more sauce.
  11. Bake for final 10 minutes.
  12. Remove ribs. Serve on a dish with some broccoli and rice.
Easy and clean cooking. Delicious ribs. Enjoy!


Till my next blog post, eat well! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...