Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My favorite photo apps

Everyone loves taking photos! I love taking photos too! When my company runs a photo contest for one of our brands, we see record-breaking number of people signing up on the brand's website and Facebook pages to submit their photos. Everyone is obsessed with taking photos and sharing them.

Some people are very meticulous and have multiple photo editing apps on their smartphones to create the perfect photos. They crop the photo, adjust the exposure, saturation, convert it to black and white, sharpen the image, soften the focus, etc to create a masterpiece. For me, I do not have the patience or an artistic eye to do all of these. But I do really want my photos to tell a story or share a moment with my loved ones. So, my favorite photo apps are not the editing ones but those that let me add in my thoughts and share that 'kodak' moment with my family and friends.



As of today, my top favorite photo app is Red Stamp. This app allows you to personalize your photos into fabulous-looking postcards and share them with your friends via email, Facebook, etc. The templates are very modern-looking and there are lots to choose from (range from just saying hello to your best friend to thank-you notes for the cupcake your colleague gave you for breakfast to announcing engagements and new home address). The app is free but some templates cost money to download.


Red Stamp - beautiful templates for personalizing your photos!


My second favorite photo app is WordFoto. It brings your photos to the next level by giving you the option to integrate your own words into the pictures. I have to play around with it for a while to learn what kind of photos works best so that the words will be of a decent font size for reading. You have to use close-up pictures. You can choose from different preset styles or customize your own. Costs US$1.99 from the App Store.

WordFoto - power of photos and words together!
My niece drew the hearts and I added in 'love of my life'. I showed it to her and she gave me her most beautiful smile. =)


Before Red Stamp came along, I Labelbox a lot. I still use it now. I add thoughts to my photos and also label them with details of when and where they are taken but the output are just not as pretty as Red Stamp. A big plus of this app is it is very easy to use. The app is free but you have to pay for some of the nicer-looking labels. I am a cheap-skate at heart and have not bought any of the labels that cost money. =)

Labelbox - extremely easy to use


Last but not least, this Lego Photo app is for entertainment purposes for me. I enjoy uploading a photo and just trust Lego to transform it to a 'mosaic photo' in various colors. One of these days, when I am really free and have nothing to do, I will order some Lego pieces and make a photo mosaic of my own face. =)
It is free entertainment for myself and little kids to enjoy.

Lego Photo - free entertainment

Till my next blog post, have fun with your photos! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...