Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Seoul Snacks

Food is a big thing in our lives. When I share my Seoul travel experiences with my friends and colleagues, it is inevitable that the food question will pop up. I will highly recommend that they go to my favorite ginseng chicken restaurant (Korea Samgkyetang) and also ask them to pop by Lotte Mart at the Seoul Station to stock up on snacks.

Sharing with you some of my favorite snacks in Seoul ...

#1 on my list of favorite snacks is this wafer fish with ice cream and red bean. I love red bean! I love wafer fish! I love ice cream! What a perfect combination. It is very affordable .. about Won 1,000 at 7-Eleven. When I am in Seoul, I take this every night as my dessert after dinner. =)
#2 on my list is the Korean Citron Tea. The tea also comes in sachet format which makes it easy for me to carry around. The big glass jar is too dangerous for my butter fingers. Add a sachet to cold soda water and you will have a very refreshing beverage. Super good for a hot and humid day. Spread it onto bread like marmalade and have a sweet breakfast. You can also add this into agar-agar powder and water and have yuzu agar-agar / jelly. I know some people use this to bake cakes but I am not at that expert level yet. =)
#3 on my list is this moist and chewy soft cake that has sweet red bean chocolate cream inside. Did I mention that I LOVE red bean? Try it! Believe me, you won't be able to stop at one. I always tell me my friends that one piece of the fish is so tiny, you have to take two or three at one go to feel the satisfaction. =)
#4 on my list is this lightweight, water cracker with chocolate. This is supposed to be the healthy and tasty range from Orion. But how to be healthy when I eat a two portions at one go?!? Orion, in general, makes good snacks. I also like their potato chips. But I don't like their brownie which is very popular. I find it too sweet for my liking.

My snack basket from Lotte Mart! =)

Till my next blog post, have a snack! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...